Film submissions are accepted from August 1, 2017 – December 15, 2016 through Withoutbox
The Santa Fe Film Festival (SFFF) is open to US and Foreign films in these categories:
Narrative Features (all types)
Shorts (all types)
Spotlight on New Mexico Filmmakers (all types, features & shorts – made in New Mexico)
Sci Fi Shorts / Animated Shorts
Music Video Shorts
With juried awards presented at the Festival, it is important for a selected film to have a representative at the Festival. Films not represented at the Festival will not be considered for awards.
CALL FOR ENTRY GENERAL GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES:
All submissions are previewed with on line streaming through the submission platforms. Feature length films are a minimum of 40 minutes or maximum of 120 minutes. Short films have a maximum run time of 39 minutes.
Non-English language films must have English subtitles or be dubbed in English. More than one entry may be submitted. However, a separate entry form, preview copy and entry fee are required for each title.
- The submitted film must be the origional work of the filmmaker.
- A student submitting a film must provide a photocopy of a current and valid student ID or a letter from his/her school verifying enrollment.
- The Filmmaker is responsible for all shipping costs, domestic or international.
- Due to large number of film entries, the Santa Fe Film Festival cannot provide notification if a film is NOT selected. For the same reason, the Festival cannot provide feedback and/or additional correspondence to films that are NOT selected. The Festival will notify ONLY those films selected for the Festival.
- In order to qualify as an International Film, more than half of the project’s financing must originate from outside of the United States or the film must be primarily shot outside of the US. Qualification for this category is at the discretion of the festival.
- A digital press kit is required with submission. Press kits are only required in digital format. Pictures must be 400 dpi. Please submit 3 separate pictures for production stills and 3 separate pictures of filmmakers. Postcards, flyers and posters will be accepted but not required.
- Please do not send any print collateral until you have been notified of acceptance.
- Film Material and print collateral will not be returned.
Acceptance notices will be sent via e-mail by (approximately) January 12, 2017. Due to the large number of film entries, the Santa Fe Film Festival cannot provide notification if a film is NOT selected. For the same reason, the Festival cannot provide feedback and/or additional correspondence to films that are NOT selected. The Festival will ONLY notify those films selected for the Festival.
If selected: For features; a DCP or Blue Ray of your film and for shorts: DCP, Apple Pro Res 422HQ, MOV Quicktime File, MPEG 4 must be shipped (P.O. Box: 2167, Santa Fe, NM 87504) to arrive in the SFFF office no later than February 1, 2017 , clearly labeled with email and telephone number. Film producers / distributors are responsible for shipment of films to SFFF. SFFF will not return films. If a film is accepted, the filmmaker will be notified January 12, 2017 (approximately)
Projects may have distribution
Call 505.988.7414 or email email@example.com